The ketogenic diet (keto) is really a diet of low carb, which it helps to burn off fat. It has a lot of benefits to losing weight to improve your health, but also some of the side effects.
- Pros of the keto diet
- What is not allowed on the diet to ensure
- How do you know that you are in ketosis?
- Side effects of the keto diet and how to avoid them
The ketogenic diet is similar to other restrictive low-carb diets such as the Atkins diet or the LCHF. These diets often end up ketogenic, more-or-less by accident. The main difference between a strict LCHF and keto diet is that the protein is restricted to the latter.
When it ketosis your body is producing of small molecules of the fuel under the name "framboise". It is an alternative form of fuel for the body.
Ketones are produced if you eat very few carbohydrates (which is the fast fission of the sugar in the blood), and a moderate amount of protein (excess protein can also be converted into sugar in the blood).
How to lose weight with food?
Ketones are formed in the liver from the body fat. These are then used as fuel for the entire body, including the brain. The brain is an organ that consumes a lot of energy each and every day, and it can't work on fat reserves. It can only run on glucose... or a ketone.
The ketogenic diet all of your body's changes in the supply of the fuel in the carb and it runs almost entirely in the fat. The insulin levels become very low, and the fat burning will increase. In the body, and have easy access to your very own fat supplies, in order to kill them.
Pros of the keto diet
The advantages of a ketogenic diet are similar to those of any of the severe low-carb diet. However, the effect can be even greater, given that the protein is very limited. Such a diet increases the level of ketones, which reduces the level of insulin.
- The burning of the fat in the keto diet is significantly increased, because it comes from a drop of blood. This creates an ideal environment where weight loss can occur without starving.
- About 20 scientific studies have shown that, in comparison with the other diets, the low-carb and keto diet lead to a more efficient way to lose weight.
- Ketosis leads to the sustainability of the flow of the fuel (ketones) in the brain. And, on a ketogenic diet, you are going to avoid big swings in blood sugar levels in the blood. This often leads to an increase in attention and an increase in the concentration.
- Many people, especially the keto diet in order to improve mental well-being. After a few days (or a week before), the keto-adaptation period, during which a person may experience difficulty concentrating, headaches, irritability, depression, your body and brain will change, and you can easily work on ketones.
- In a state of ketosis, many people experience more energy.
- The ketogenic diet can increase your physical endurance, giving you constant access to the energy from your fat stores.
- By providing your body with carbohydrate (glycogen) it's only for a couple of hours of training or less. When you how to your fat stores to give enough energy for long and intense practice.
What is not allowed on the diet to ensure
The most important thing for you to get to ketosis I need to avoid the consumption of carbs, the ideal is to reduce the consumption of 20 grams). The less carbs, the better.
How do you know that you are in ketosis?
Ketosis can be measured by testing the urine, blood or breath. But there are clear signs. The symptoms of ketosis: dryness of mouth, thirst, and frequent urination.
Dry mouth and increased thirst. If you drink a lot, and you have enough electrolytes you may experience dryness of the mouth. Try to drink a cup of broth or two a day, and drink as much water as you need it.
The increase in frequency of passing urine, another symptom of ketosis.
The keto-breath due to the ketone. tel welcomes you to the smell of acetone in the mouth, and the smell of it can also be a "fruit", or to remind you of the smell of nail Polish remover. The smell, at times, feel the sweat, all of it, briefly, and then to the keto-adaptation will be carried out.
Other, less specific, but more positive signs include the following:
The reduction of the famine, many people experience a significant reduction of hunger and malnutrition. This may be due to an increase in the ability of the body to be nourished to its stock of fat in the body. Many people feel good, to eat only once or twice in a day,you can do a regular hunger. This will save you time and money, it also speeds up your weight loss.
The increase in energy, after a few days, a feeling of fatigue will pass and you will feel the increase in energy and health.
How to achieve the sustainable development of ketosis
- You restrict carbs to 20 grams per day.
- The restriction of protein to a moderate level. You need to keep the level at or below the 1 gram of protein per day per pound of body weight. It's about 70 grams of protein per day if you weigh 70 pounds.
- There is a good amount of fat to feel satiated.
- You should avoid eating when you're not hungry. The unnecessary snacks slow down weight loss and reduce ketosis.
In case you need to add regular hunger, for example, on a 16:8 - and 16-hour famine, and by 8 o'clock to eat or drink. It is a very effective way to increase the level of ketones.
Side effects of the keto diet and how to avoid them
In the initial phase of the transition in the keto way, you may experience side effects it is called the keto-flu. Appear in in symptoms, such as fatigue, nausea, headache, convulsions, and t. d. What you need to do in order to avoid or alleviate these symptoms.
- Drink some water with sea salt and a squeeze of lemon – also, you need to drink every day one cup of the broth from the meat.
- Gradually reduce your intake of carbohydrates – a significant reduction leads to stronger symptoms
In the initial stages of a ketogenic diet, you will lose water, and, therefore, are electrolytes. This is because carbohydrates retain water and salt from the body, so when you stop eating carbohydrates, your body loses water.
When the carb is suddenly removed from the diet, the brain needs time before he has to learn how to use ketonouye of the body's energy instead of sugar. This means that, if you can dramatically reduce your carbohydrates, you can get in the symptoms, such as fatigue, nausea, and headaches. Reduce your intake of carbohydrates for a week or longer, your body will get used fat burning, and ketOnam instead of glucose and you need to move forward with more ease and without any symptoms.