A carbohydrate -free diet allows you to lose weight quickly, but it is better to apply it after undergoing a full examination. Diet has many contraindications and can be harmful to the body if used for longer than the recommended period.
What is a carbohydrate -free diet?
This diet is designed for bodybuilders to build muscle mass while maximizing body fat loss. In the future, the Diet is formed as follows: 50% protein, about 40% fat, the recommended amount of carbohydrates is 10-15%.
Pros and cons
While using this nutritional system, the amount of insulin produced is reduced, while there is activation of the body’s production of ketones. This leads to the conversion of body fat into energy.
The diet has some drawbacks. In the first days after switching to a diet, due to decreased levels of glucose intake, complaints may appear:
- dizziness attacks;
- general weakness;
- decreased performance.
Because of the decrease in carbohydrate foods, the brain lacks glucose, which is why there is a possibility of developing a state of depression. Increased irritation is also possible. In rare cases, fainting is observed. Lack of fiber in food can cause constipation. Because the diet is designed to last a long time, nutrient deficiencies in carbohydrate -rich foods may occur.
Before starting to use the diet, it is necessary to undergo an examination and consult a doctor, because the diet has a number of contraindications and its use can lead to serious negative consequences. It is not recommended for people suffering from chronic diseases of the kidneys and liver, as excessive amounts of protein can exacerbate the course of the existing pathology.
Diet is contraindicated in patients suffering from diabetes mellitus and other endocrine pathologies associated with disorders of metabolic processes in the body. The transition to protein foods can also create conditions for exacerbation of existing diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The diet requires adherence to several rules:
- Food should be taken in small portions, but at least 5 times a day.
- The maximum carbohydrate allowed is breakfast. In this case, they will help the body wake up, but will not interfere with active fat burning.
- On the first day of the diet, it is recommended to reduce the amount of carbohydrates in the diet to 80 g, and the next 3 days to reduce its content in the diet to 20-40 g. This will avoid side effects.
- Food must be boiled, stewed, or roasted. Fried foods and fatty foods should be discarded.
- Dinner was definitely the lowest calorie meal at the time.
- The last meal must be no later than 3 hours before bedtime.
It is best that you exercise regularly to achieve positive results from your diet. You should not leave the diet suddenly, switch to high-carbohydrate foods, as this can negatively affect the work of all body systems.
What can you eat
Before compiling a weekly menu, you need to know which foods you can eat and which ones to exclude. The basis of the diet should be low -carbohydrate foods. To begin the process of losing body fat using this diet, it is necessary to exclude all foods that contain sugar.
It is not recommended to include the following products in the menu:
- White rice;
- wheat flour;
- sausages and so on.
Do not use ready-made foods with high content of animal and vegetable fats. We need to forget sugary drinks, fast food and alcohol. You cannot use semi -finished products and canned foods. It is best to use black pepper, salt and other spices to a minimum.
Diet gives good results due to the slow transition of the body to a state of ketosis. The process can be roughly divided into 4 stages. Each has its own developmental characteristics.
- The first stage of the process begins after incorporating a small amount of carbohydrates into the food for breakfast and restricting its intake throughout the day. This leads to the fact that initially glucose from food is eaten, then glycogen storage from muscle begins to deplete.
- The second stage - on the second day, a strong carbohydrate ban is recommended. Glucose supplied with food is very small, glycogen stores are depleted, the body begins to switch to other sources of energy. The process of burning fat storage is activated.
- About 3-4 days after the start of the diet, stage 3 of the process begins. To prevent muscle loss, a high protein diet is recommended for the first few weeks of the diet. During this period, 1 kg of body weight should contain at least 3-4 g of protein.
- About a week after starting the diet, stage 4 of the process begins. Metabolism is rebuilt, ketosis is initiated, and active body fat burning begins. Muscles become tighter and more elastic.
There are several types of diets. Some of them are soft and suitable for a variety of people, while others are only recommended for use by professional athletes in preparation for this competition.
Carbohydrate -free foods
A feature of this diet is the need to reduce the amount of carbohydrates to 20 g in the form of fiber. The basis of the diet is foods high in protein and fat. These dietary options provide good results, however, because persistent glucose deficiency, lethargy, memory impairment, decreased thinking speed and absenteeism can occur. Long -term adherence to this diet is associated with an increased risk of developing chronic disorders.
A strong carbohydrate diet
The system is rigid, it is recommended to use it for short periods of time and only for professional athletes. Carbohydrates can only be consumed before physical activity, and an intensive training program is required.
A round carbohydrate -free diet
You can eat 30-40 g of carbohydrates, allowed to include cereals and vegetables in the diet. Restrictions must be complied with for 6 days, followed by a "boot" day. On this day, you can eat pasta, fresh and boiled vegetables, as well as limited sugar-free fruits. Side effects are minimal with this type of diet. After the loading day, you need to follow the diet again for 6 days.
Toxins formed in the process will flow from adipose tissue into the blood as you lose weight. To get rid of it, you must drink at least 1. 5-2 liters of water a day. Adequate fluid intake stimulates bowel movements in a state of fiber deficiency due to restriction of intake of fresh vegetables, fruits and grains.
How long can you go on a carbohydrate -free diet
Cannot completely switch to a carbohydrate -free diet. The recommended diet period is 3-6 weeks. The duration depends on the number of extra pounds and how well the body tolerates this type of diet.
Diet menu for a week
Having a menu planned for each day can reduce the risk of damage. It is better to plan your diet for a week and prepare food in advance.
- breakfast: vegetable stew, 200 g of boiled beef, low -fat yogurt;
- lunch: green apples;
- lunch: sauerkraut, grilled fish - 200 g, green tea;
- afternoon snack: a few slices of hard cheese;
- dinner: rabbit meat - 100 g, seafood salad, green tea.
- breakfast: vegetable salad, omelet 3 egg whites, kefir;
- lunch: pomelo;
- lunch: turkey - 200 g, vegetable stew, cottage cheese;
- afternoon snacks: low -fat milk;
- dinner: boiled fish - 200 g, cheese
- breakfast: oatmeal, ham, green tea;
- lunch: grapefruit;
- lunch: boiled pork - 200 g, cucumber, buckwheat porridge;
- afternoon snacks: fermented baked milk;
- dinner: turkey soup, cottage cheese - 100 g.
- breakfast: protein omelet, boiled chicken and whole wheat bread;
- lunch: kefir;
- lunch: vegetable stew, 200 g of rabbit meat, buckwheat porridge;
- afternoon snacks: low -fat milk;
- dinner: stew, fresh vegetable salad.
- breakfast: grilled chicken livers, tomatoes and cucumber salad;
- lunch: pears without sugar;
- lunch: fish broth, vinaigrette, 200 g of goat;
- afternoon snacks: apples;
- dinner: seafood salad, egg whites and a glass of yogurt.
- breakfast: cucumber and cabbage salad with olive oil, boiled chicken breast, green tea;
- lunch: green apples;
- lunch: grilled fish, boiled vegetables, tea without sugar;
- afternoon snacks: cottage cheese;
- dinner: low -fat yogurt without additives, eggs stuffed with chicken.
- breakfast: low -fat kefir, oatmeal, dried fruit;
- lunch: beans;
- lunch: soup with meatballs, sauerkraut;
- afternoon snacks: low -fat cheese;
- dinner: low -fat boiled fish, green tea without sugar.
If there is damage, you cannot blame yourself, that will not bring good. With one unauthorized use of the product, the damage will not affect the weight loss results in any way. If failure happens on a daily basis, you need to understand the causes of the problem. Often on a protein diet, damage occurs due to deterioration of physical condition. In this case, it is better to switch to a milder diet.
How to get out of the diet
The right way out guarantees the consolidation of the results obtained. You need to gradually switch from a carbohydrate-free diet to a low-carbohydrate diet. The exit period is 2 weeks, the product should be introduced gradually, monitoring the body's response to them. The carbohydrate content in the daily diet during this time should increase to 80 g.
During pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, a woman’s body and the developing fetus need a variety of nutrients, so avoiding foods high in carbohydrates can lead to adverse consequences. In some cases, doctors prescribe a diet for pregnant women, in which the amount of carbohydrates consumed should be reduced to 80 g. A specialist should prescribe a special diet during pregnancy and lactation. You can’t decide on a food transition like that on your own.