Egg diet is now actively discussed on the Internet, but before using this method of weight loss, you should not only consult an expert to get individual recommendations, but also try to find out for yourself its benefits, effectiveness and safety (and for starters - of course, in that case, does he really have at least one of the concepts listed).
Eggs have become a part of everyone’s daily life. Someone prefers breakfast with boiled or fried eggs, someone uses it for dinner with ingredients, and someone organizes their food completely.
The egg diet is a rapid temporary weight loss approach based on very low carbohydrate intake. Osama Hamdiy - a professor who developed a new formula for nutrition, called his system "chemical", but in the network it was known as "eggs". This consists of the following: eggs become the main ingredient in the menu, and you can diversify the diet with lean meats and fish, vegetables and fruits.
This type of diet was initially developed for diabetics. Then, it becomes clear that by following such a diet, You can also quickly lose extra pounds (though not for long). The network claims that this diet is most effective for those who weigh more than 100 pounds.
The most popular version of the approach is the Maggi diet. According to one legend, it was specially designed for Margaret Thatcher. However, there is no evidence of this. Eggs have long been considered a staple in many diets. This is due to the uniqueness of egg whites, which are absorbed by the body more than 95%.
The essence of the egg diet
This type of food restriction is not a mono diet, that is, patients should not be limited to eggs only. You can safely include citrus fruits (especially grapefruit) to the menu, as well as a large number of vegetables and other products.
The diet works like this: It takes energy to process protein. It comes from carbohydrates. If they come from outside in insufficient amounts, the body will take energy from its internal storage. So, for muscle work and protein breakdown, he starts processing fat. This diet, like most others, is not aimed at maintaining weight consistently. Often it is calculated for a certain period of time, which does not exceed one month.
The express option is suitable for losing weight quickly no more than 2-3 kilograms, which then return almost faster than crushed.
Nutrient content of major nutrients in chicken eggs, %
100 grams of chicken protein contains about 7. 5 grams of carbohydrates. To some, you get no more than 30 kilocalories, which is roughly equal to 9% of the required energy consumed per day.
If we consider the composition of chicken eggs, we get the following:
- fat content = 0%;
- protein content = about 80%;
- carbohydrate = 7. 5%.
Chicken eggs, contrary to popular belief, do not contain cholesterol and trans fats. 100 grams of chicken protein will give the body more than 105% of its daily value, while its fat content is 0, and carbohydrates - only 3% of the same norm.
Eggs are an optimal source of protein, which is perfectly absorbed by the body. However, digestion also depends on the level of processing of the product.
For example, raw eggs can only be digested 50%. And only when heated, digestion can increase up to 92%. At the same time, you can’t boil or fry it for long periods of time; for best results, it is recommended to cook with fried eggs or cook soft boiled.
What is a nutritional egg and how does it differ from one table?
Food eggs differ from regular eggs only in their shelf life. If the canteen or other can be stored for up to 25 days, then the shelf life of nutritional eggs will not exceed one week. There are no other differences (for example, according to BZhU) between these products.
How Much Weight Can You Lose?
According to people who adhere to this diet, in 4 weeks they can get rid of 10-12 pounds. Also, many weight losers claim that such a diet has a lasting effect, but after that it is impossible to see eggs and citrus fruits: however, these foods are staple foods.
Opinions of doctors and nutritionists
The opinion of doctors, nutritionists, is not so enthusiastic with the opinion of people who are far from medicine in the network. From a medical point of view, such a diet is considered a protein diet, which is why many professionals consider this diet unbalanced. Even considering the fact that the menu is varied, it can’t be called right. Doctors say that if there are no complex fats and carbohydrates, the body can be saturated with protein. In this case, people who lose weight have the following symptoms: headache, weakness, nausea, trembling in the body, fainting. This is all due to the lack of carbohydrates, which "periodically" provide energy to the body, and protein is the only alternative for its production.
Experts are very careful with this technique, because with this type of diet, the balance of BJU suffers, which negatively affects the body. Lack of fat affects the function of the central nervous system, and also causes a weakening of the immune system. People who adhere to this type of diet record anger, headaches.
The benefits of an egg diet
The egg diet is considered one of the few where there is no constant hunger. You can’t count calories on it, always limit yourself in food.
Other extras include:
- cooking facilities;
- fast results;
- micro elements present in the composition of eggs can positively affect the quality of hair growth, nails, skin condition;
- the body quickly gets used to small portions and simple meals.
However, this way of eating has its drawbacks and even contraindications.
Contraindications to the egg diet
The list of approved products may vary slightly. It all just depends on the duration of the diet: it will last a week, two or a month.
Despite the simplicity of the diet, it has some strict rules:
- it is forbidden to change the order of food, that is, you cannot have lunch for dinner or vice versa;
- it is forbidden to throw away or add food throughout the diet;
- need to remove sugar, mayonnaise and sweets from the diet;
- drinking alcoholic beverages is also strictly prohibited;
- the amount of water used should increase;
- in case of damage to something prohibited, it is better to start the diet again. There is no point in continuing it.
Keep in mind that rapid weight loss can lead to exacerbation of chronic diseases, so you should approach any technique with caution.
List of approved products
- chicken or quail eggs. 3 quail eggs = 1 chicken;
- all citrus fruits are allowed in unlimited quantities. Among other fruits, preference should be given to low-calorie types: for example, peaches, pears, melons, pineapples or apples;
- meat, lean chicken;
- types of low fat fish. These include cod, pollock, or tuna;
- vegetables would be an excellent addition to an egg diet. For example, carrots, cabbage, eggplant, beans, peas, beans are also allowed;
- vegetables - dill, parsley, onion, or garlic - can be seasoned;
- There is also a high protein content in cheese; for example, 100 grams of cheese will have almost 25 grams of protein, while an egg will have this number in the range of 10-12 grams;
- any herbal infusion is allowed from the drink (naturally without sugar). You can use kefir, but always fat -free.
If cheese appears on the menu, then preference should be given to soft varieties, and all salty varieties should be set aside.
Limited or partially restricted products
It is best to exclude salt, pepper, seasonings, sauces from the diet.
Need to limit the intake of the following foods:
- beans; although not prohibited, it should be used with caution. For example, a few tablespoons of nuts would be a good addition to chicken;
- Bakery products. You can eat toast or a slice of bread once a week;
- Cheese is also one of the foods that should be eaten with caution. You can consume about 20 grams of feta, feta cheese or Adyghe cheese per day;
- intake of sweet vegetables - such as beets or corn - should also be minimized;
- it is better to slightly limit the consumption of fruit even if it is not too sweet.
List of forbidden foods
- fruits with high sugar content. Need to give up figs, mangoes, grapes and bananas;
- canned vegetables;
- pasta, sweets;
- cereal grains, even if they are boiled in water;
- sausages and fatty meats such as pork, duck or lamb;
- milk, kefir is fatter than 2. 5%. Cottage cheese should not be fatter than 5%;
- any sugary carbonated beverage.
During the period of the diet, the body is in a state of stress, so you can not give it an extra burden in the form of alcohol.
Egg diet for 7 days
A weekly diet allows you to shed extra pounds quickly. Biotin, found in eggs, is responsible for the fat burning process. A variety of products allow you not to experience severe stress while losing weight. The cost of the product will not exceed 2-2. 5 thousand rubles. According to those who lose weight using this technique, you can lose weight up to 5 kilograms. A number of doctors advise adhering to such a diet every six months.
The seven-day diet menu can vary. This is one of the countless examples.
Advanced menu (optional)
Breakfast throughout the week will not change much. In the morning, it is better to eat eggs, 150 grams of low -fat cottage cheese, citrus. The drink can be diluted with fresh juice, coffee or tea without milk and sugar.
Further, the diet will be scheduled excluding breakfast.
- Lunch can consist of 2 eggs, a tomato, or other vegetables. You can make herbal tea;
- For dinner, you can eat 1 egg, grapefruit or orange, herbal infusion. You can dilute the diet with a vinaigrette of carrots, beets, 1 potato. Salads do not need to be seasoned with oil.
- For lunch, you can eat fruit, but only one type. This can be 2 apples, an orange, or a grapefruit.
- Dinner can consist of boiled beef, vegetable salad dishes without oil.
- Lunch: boiled chicken fillet without skin, green tea without sugar. You can also eat a slice of bread once a week.
- Dinner: 100-150 grams of lean fish, a small grapefruit.
- Lunch: steamed low -fat minced meatballs, add cauliflower.
- Dinner: 2 eggs, 150 grams of fish, vegetable salad without oil.
- Lunch: 2 eggs, salad without oil. For example, you can make a salad with carrots, cucumbers, and green apples. All ingredients must be finely chopped with a knife or grater.
- Dinner: steamed fish, garnish with tomato salad and spinach. You can also eat 1 orange seed.
- Lunch: any fruit from the list allowed, but only one type. For example, 2 apples or a small orange.
- Dinner: any kind of vegetable salad. For example, peppers, spinach, tomatoes.
- Lunch: cook 150-200 grams of skinless chicken fillets, steamed vegetables.
- Dinner: You can cook cauliflower, broccoli. Grapefruit, orange.
Egg diet for 2 weeks
The egg diet for 2 weeks makes it possible to lose excess weight of almost 10 kilograms. Hunger for this type of food can only be done for the first 2-3 days. At the moment, the body is just restructuring, getting used to the new regime.
The two -week breakfast diet depends only on weight loss options. It is best to eat a grapefruit, orange, or other citrus for breakfast. 1-2 boiled eggs, black tea or coffee without milk, sugar. Can be replaced with a glass of freshly diluted juice.
The menu for the second week can be as follows:
|Monday||200 grams of lean meat can be boiled or steamed. Vegetable salad.||2 boiled eggs, one citrus.|
|Tuesday||150-200 grams of fish (for example, pollock), vegetable salad.||200-250 milliliters of fat-free kefir, oil-free vinaigrette, nuts and pickles.|
|Wednesday||150 grams of cottage cheese, fat percentage not more than 5, steamed vegetables.||Vegetable salad with boiled meat.|
|Thursday||Boil or roast skinless chicken legs, vegetables.||Eggs, cucumbers or tomatoes.|
|Friday||Lean meats can be steamed with vegetables, apples, pears, or oranges.||150 grams of fish, tomatoes with onions or garlic.|
|Saturday||100-150 grams of low-fat cheese, 1 toast, vegetables.||Any type of fruit, the amount is unlimited.|
|Sunday||Boiled meat with vegetable salad, apples or plums.||You can make a zucchini stew by adding a little peas (not canned), carrots. 2 boiled eggs, oranges or other citrus.|
Egg diet for 3 and 4 weeks
Long-term diet can have a negative impact on health, therefore, if there are signs of malaise, it should be immediately stopped and immediately seek help from a specialist. This way of eating causes a lot of stress in the body, so the results may not be as expected.
From the 3rd week, the diet changed completely. Each day you can only eat 1-2 products from the list of allowed products. At the same time, eggs are not included, and the main emphasis in the menu is on vegetables, fruits, fish or meat.
The detailed menu for week 3 might look like this:
- Monday: For breakfast, you can eat one fruit from the list of allowed fruits. Prohibited: bananas, grapes, mangoes, dates. Throughout the day, you can eat the same foods as you ate for breakfast.
- Tuesday: in the morning you can cook steamed vegetables (only potatoes are prohibited), any vegetable salad. For lunch and dinner there are also vegetables.
- Wednesday: throughout the day you can eat fruits, vegetables in unlimited quantities.
- Thursday: During the day, you can eat lean fish with steamed vegetables.
- Friday: boil or bake a kind of lean meat, at lunch and in the evening, it is better to choose vegetables.
- Saturday / Sunday: for today, you can choose one type of fruit that is allowed - and eat it without restrictions.
Week 4 is the most difficult period in the diet, tighter restrictions appear here. The foods listed below should be eaten throughout the day, in any quantity. It is strictly forbidden to exclude or add anything to the menu.
- Monday: 200 grams of lean meat, you can cook it in any way, for example, boiled or baked. Canned tuna without oil, 3-4 tomatoes, a small orange or other citrus.
- Tuesday: almost no different from the diet on Monday, only citrus can be replaced with other fruits.
- Wednesday: 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, whole wheat toast, vegetables, citrus fruits.
- Thursday: 200 grams of chicken, tomato, cucumber, one type of fruit allowed.
- Friday: boiled eggs (no more than 2 pieces), 3-4 tomatoes, boiled vegetables, oranges.
- Saturday: 200 grams of boiled or steamed chicken, 150 grams of low -fat cottage cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, low -fat kefir, oranges or grapefruit.
- Sunday: cottage cheese, tuna without butter, a slice of rye bread, orange, grapefruit.
Stop eating eggs
Diet always puts pressure on the body, therefore the diet must be prepared properly. A sharp transition to a regular type of diet is almost always a reason to regain excess weight. There are some universal rules that will help you get out of the diet without endangering your health. First, regular foods should be incorporated into the diet gradually. Therefore the risk of excessive stomach can be reduced.
Second, 7 days after the diet, should continue to eat the foods that form the basis of the diet. Eggs, chicken, fish and vegetables should not be completely excluded from the menu.
Third, flour, sweets should be added to the menu gradually, 2 weeks after the end of the diet.
Do not forget about water, just need to maintain water balance. Proper nutrition after a diet will maintain the results for a while.
Egg diet results
The internet is full of good reviews for this weight loss method. Girls argue that excess weight will disappear quickly, that as long as your diet can lose weight up to 20 pounds, some sometimes write that their old fat does not immediately return to them, and even when switching from this dietto the previous diet, the ideal form of a person who should remain for a long time.
Of course, "internet reviews" don’t describe the true picture of the egg diet. In fact, very few people manage to lose 15-20 pounds in 3-4 weeks. For the entire course, only 2-3 extra pounds can be removed, which will return happily upon completion. In addition, it is quite difficult to withstand such a period, and any disruption of this process means that the whole course must be started from the beginning.
In general, as usual when discussing diet, the problem of preserving the weight loss results achieved by conscious dietary restrictions arises. But when this need is translated into a realm of familiarity, it is no longer a problem. So why choke on hate eggs and grapefruit from week to week to see the previous figure on the scale after the same number of weeks, when, thanks to psychotherapy methods, you can acquire the right eating habits for the rest of your life in the future?
Summarizing the above, we remember that diet is always an individual process. Without undergoing an initial examination with a doctor, it is impossible to say in advance what results you will get in the famous 1-4 weeks and how this egg experiment will affect health in general, so any thought to limit yourself in your regular diet firsttimes discussed with better experts.